1. I read probably at least one novel a week.
2. I am able to juggle. I learned in junior high P.E. class (probably the only thing I was good at in P.E. class).
3. I commute to work on a train.
4. I have two brothers. I am the oldest.
5. I am terrible at math. A clue should have been that I had a tutor in second grade for subtraction flashcards. I did not like taking something away from another number. And algebra was a nightmare mixing letters and numbers together. The last math class I took was my junior year of high school when I squeaked through precalculus. My college counselor told me I would “go nowhere unless I took calculus.” I refused and my dad stood up for me. In college my major did not require a math class so I did not take a class.
6. I met my husband in a small faith group when we both lived in Chicago. I did it for the social aspects. I thought it would be a nice place to meet people. I guess I was right.
7. Me, my dad and my brothers all have degrees from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
8. I went to law school at University of Notre Dame. This makes me a “Domer” and a fan of the Fighting Irish.
9. I played the clarinet in the band starting in fifth grade and through high school.
10. In third grade I won a Young Author’s Award for a story I wrote about my dog Widget. It was then that I decided I wanted to be an author. Obviously by my illustration I am a better writer then an artist. I got a little off track but I am working on it again.
11. I like many kinds of music but I really like country music. I usually listen to the country music radio station in the car.
12. I have a golden retriever named Gatsby. He is named after the book “The Great Gatsby“. We named him Atticus after Atticus Finch the character in “To Kill A Mockingbird” for about two days. His little sweet face did not exude the tough guy image of an Atticus so we changed his name. See….
13. I’ve always lived in the Midwest.
14. I could eat cheese and crackers for dinner many nights. I do not but I do save it for special occasions.
15. I have worked in a library and also two bookstores.
16. I am an introvert.
17. The first time I tried yoga I hated it. I have grown to love it and usually take two classes a week. I am terribly inflexible (still) but I find it improves my mental health as much as my physical health.
18. I prefer to wear cardigan sweaters over pullovers. Pullovers make me feel like I’m choking. I always misbutton my cardigans and have always had that problem from the time I learned to button.
19. I love shoes, jackets and bags. I have too many of all of them but that does not stop me from wanting others.
20. I only write with blue ink pens. I hate black ink.